Use this resource - and many more! - in your textbook!
AcademicPub holds over eight million pieces of educational content for you to mix-and-match your way.
Contemporary Issues in Educational Policy and School Outcomes:
By: Wayne K. Hoy; Cecil Miskel;
2006 / Information Age Publishing / 9781607524939
This book is the fifth in a series on research and theory dedicated to advancing our understanding of schools through empirical study and theoretical analysis. Scholars, both young and established, are invited to publish original analyses, but we especially encourage young scholars to contribute to this series. The current volume is similar to its predecessors in that it provides a mix of beginning and established scholars and a broad range of theoretical perspectives; in all 14 authors contributed to 9 separate but related analyses, which were selected for publication this year.
- Editors' Comments
- Ch 1: COALITIONS IN STATE READING POLICY ISSUE NETWORKS
- Ch 2: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT
- Ch 3: REPRESENTATION IN THE AGE OF CHOICE
- Ch 4: "VALUES" POLITICS AND NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
- Ch 5: TOWARD A MORE REFINED THEORY OF SCHOOL EFFECTS
- Ch 6: ACADEMIC OPTIMISM OF SCHOOLS
- Ch 7: TEACHER LEADERSHIP AND INSTRUCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT
- Ch 8: RESEARCH INTO PRACTICE
- Ch 9: AN ENDURING TENSION
- About The Authors