Use this resource - and many more! - in your textbook!
AcademicPub holds over eight million pieces of educational content for you to mix-and-match your way.
Nordic Childhoods and Early Education: Philosophy, Research, Policy and Practice in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden
2006 / Information Age Publishing / 9781607524779
In this book, noted Nordic researchers and teacher educators provide insights into early childhood discourses and practices in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. In addition to these insidersâ€™ perspectives, an American scholars explore Nordic themes, trends, and practices as they emerge in the book's chapters on such varied topics as Nordic childhoods, children's perspectives, preschool teacher education reforms and developments, transition from preschool to primary school, learning through play, caregiving and instruction.
- Ch 1: Nordic Ideals as Reflected in Nordic CHildhoods and Early Education
- Ch 2: The Making of Nordic Childhoods
- Ch 3: Will There be any Preschool Teachers in the Future?
- Ch 4: The Social Game of Early Childhood Education
- Ch 5: Teaching and Learning in Preschool and the First Years of Elementary School in Sweeden
- Ch 6: Finnish Daycare
- Ch 7: Between Two Continents, Between Two Traditions
- Ch 8: Learning and Development in Play
- Ch 9: Childrens Perspectives on Their Childhood Experiences
- Ch 10: Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education
- Ch 11: An Outsider's Perspective
- About the Contributors